Technical Support Specialist
Elcomplus, the developer of SmartPTT, is looking for a Technical Support Specialist. SmartPTT is a voice dispatch console software with capabilities for GPS tracking, Job Ticketing, Telephone Interconnect, Texting and more. The Technical Support Specialist works with our Partners for pre-sale, implementation and post-sale support of SmartPTT software into Motorola MOTOTRBO two-way radio systems. The following are required and desired skills for the position:
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Windows OS: installation of the apps, configuration and troubleshooting of network parameters and sound settings.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking including typical protocols and architectures, IP addressing, simple router configuration, etc.
- Knowledge of two-way radio systems is beneficial with a particular emphasis on Motorola MOTOTRBO radio systems (i.e. Connect Plus, Linked Capacity Plus, Capacity Plus & IP Site Connect).
- Knowledge of SIP protocol and IP PBX is beneficial.
Regular duties include:
- Provide pre-sales, implementation and post-sales technical support for customers on Elcomplus supplied products using documented procedures and available tools;
- Provide on-site implementation, training and support of Elcomplus products on an as needed basis;
- Work with Partners to determine how SmartPTT integrates into their radio system;
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify technical issues/defects;
- Actively support the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution, keeping the customer informed and updated throughout life of incident;
- Attend required technical training sessions;
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems;
- Attend required events for the promotion of Elcomplus and its products;
- Communicate with vendor representatives and build strong relationships with them;
- Collaborate with company executives regarding product functionality requests and feedback;
- Some travel (domestic and international) may be required;
- Maintains knowledge of Elcomplus’ product line and service offerings;
- Provides alpha and beta testing of Elcomplus products;
- Install and maintain radio equipment in Elcomplus lab;
- Analyze and prepare reports on product customer value;
- Develops product support materials required for the customers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience in technical support or system’s engineering in two-way radio, IT equipment or software
- Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Customer needs identification
- Solid presentation skills to large groups
- Effective communication skills with all levels
- Team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Please submit your résumé to email@example.com