SmartPTT core package includes the first year of software updates and technical support. After the first year, additional years of updates and support can be purchased.
SmartPTT support service includes remote technical support
- by telephone, email, and remote access.
- Monday through Friday (except national holidays)
- from 9 am to 6 pm
- from two worldwide offices (Miami (UTC -4) and Tomsk (UTC +7))
- in English, Spanish, and Russian
On-site support is not included, but is available at an additional charge. For an on-site implementation, training, or support quote, please contact your sales manager.
Procedures for support:
- To access technical support, your update subscription must be current. The update subscription provides you access to the latest SmartPTT updates and technical support. Additionally, SmartPTT technical support provides assistance for the current version of SmartPTT and the two previous major releases*. If you are seeking technical assistance on a version older than those supported, you will need to upgrade to a newer version.
- Please first send a detailed point-by-point report of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send your full contact details (email address, office phone, cell phone, etc.). After receipt of the email to the Zendesk, SmartPTT will assign a technical support specialist to your case.
- Most support cases require the SmartPTT technician be able to remotely access the SmartPTT system. During installation of SmartPTT, TeamViewer is also installed on the PC. This is accessible by going to Programs > SmartPTT > Remote Assistance. Note: Not providing SmartPTT with remote access will greatly impair SmartPTT’s ability to provide support and a timely resolution to the issue. If you are not able to provide remote access, then we will require that you send debug information from the radioserver and dispatch clients, as well as Wireshark information to support.
- During troubleshooting, you might be asked for code plugs from the repeaters, system/site controllers, control stations, and field radios. These code plugs must be read directly from the device and not from a previously saved file.
- For troubleshooting purposes, you may be asked to uninstall anti-virus software from the computers or to bypass the IP network and do a direct connection to the radio system. These are temporary measures to identify if the anti-virus or the network are blocking SmartPTT and/or MOTOTRBO traffic. It may be necessary to have an IT technician from the end customer available to assist SmartPTT’s technical support.
- Failure to provide the information and access listed above will prevent SmartPTT from being able to assist you. Until such time as the requested access and information can be provided, SmartPTT will put the case as pending.
* Currently the assistance is provided for SmartPTT 9.4, 9.3 and 9.2 versions.