Currently supported releases (according to the SmartPTT Tech Support Service Packages)
|SmartPTT Enterprise||SmartPTT PLUS|
|Standard Tech Support Service Package||9.011, 9.10, 9.9||9.011, 9.10, 9.8|
|Advanced Tech Support Service Package||ALL RELEASES||ALL RELEASES|
SmartPTT works to provide existing and potential customers with timely and expert technical support to ensure a seamless implementation and the reliable operation of our products. Our technical support team is exceptionally qualified in professional digital radio dispatch systems, which have been implemented worldwide in industries such as energy, manufacturing, airports, mines, education, and more. The SmartPTT tech support team helps organizations get the most from their radio systems and maintain a safe work environment.
Our services cover three areas:
- Technical support for SmartPTT Products
- SmartPTT on-site or remote software implementations
- Technical trainings
SmartPTT provides tech support:
- by phone, email, and remote access*
- 5 days a week 24 hours a day (national holidays excluded)
- in English, Spanish, and Russian.
*On-site support is not included but is available at an additional charge. For an on-site implementation, training, or support quote, please contact your regional sales manager.
Technical Support Hours:
We work from 7 pm Eastern (11 pm UTC) on Sunday to 7 pm Eastern (11 pm UTC) on Friday, excluding US national holidays.
Spanish phone support is available from 9 am Eastern (1 pm UTC) to 6 pm Eastern (10 pm UTC), excluding US national holidays.
Tech Support Service Packages
Any customer can manage the services provided to their systems by choosing one of the Tech Support Service Packages.
1. When purchasing the SmartPTT PLUS core package, the first year of software updates and technical support is included based on the Standard Tech Support Service Package (Motorola SmartPTT PLUS Annual License). Additional years of support can be purchased on the front end or annually from Motorola SmartPTT PLUS control room solution for MOTOTRBO Price Catalogue. Customers can upgrade their Motorola Annual License (this license is obligatory to purchase in order to have SmartPTT Tech Support Service) to the Advanced Service Package. SmartPTT Team offers this additional level of paid technical support:
2. When purchasing the SmartPTT Enterprise core package, the first year of the software updates and technical support is included based on the Standard Tech Support Service Package. The customer can upgrade their Standard Service Package to the Advanced level. SmartPTT Advanced Tech Support Service Package is an extension of the Standard Tech Support Service Package (Standard Tech Support Package is mandatory to purchase). SmartPTT offers these two levels of paid technical support:
3. When purchasing the SmartPTT Express core package, the first year of the software updates and technical support is included based on the Standard Tech Support Service Package. Additional years of support can be purchased on the front end or annually. SmartPTT offers this level of paid technical support:
Expired Technical Support Licenses
All customers with expired Technical Support licenses have a “3rd tier priority” package and longer (up to 72 hours) response time (by the operating mode of the SmartPTT Support).
With the current official software version and 1 prior software version being used, the customer with an expired Technical Support license is consulted via emails on setting up the software and nothing more; infrastructure analysis is not performed. Any license change (for example, HID replacement) is not available.
If an older version of the SmartPTT PLUS software is being used, the customer with expired Technical Support license is offered to upgrade to the current software version by purchasing the Motorola Annual License (Basic Motorola’s package) with an optional upgrade to SmartPTT PLUS Advanced Package.
If an older version of the SmartPTT Enterprise software is being used, the customer with an expired Technical Support license is offered to upgrade to the current software version by purchasing the Standard Package or the SmartPTT Enterprise Advanced Package (the extension of the Standard Package).
Tech Support Procedures
When requesting technical support, the license key ID must be provided. If it is not provided, the response time will be counted from the time the license key ID is provided to the technical support team.
1. To access technical support, your update subscription must be current. The update subscription provides you access to the latest SmartPTT updates and technical support. SmartPTT technical support provides assistance for currently supported releases. If you are seeking technical assistance on a version older than those supported, you will need to upgrade to a newer version.
2. Please first send a detailed point-by-point report of the problem to email@example.com. Please be sure to send your full contact details (email address, office phone, cell phone, etc.). After receipt of the email to the Service Desk, SmartPTT will assign a technical support specialist to your case.
3. Most support cases require the SmartPTT technician be able to remotely access the SmartPTT system. During installation of SmartPTT, TeamViewer is also installed on the PC. This is accessible by going to Programs > SmartPTT > Remote Assistance. Note: Not providing SmartPTT with remote access will greatly impair SmartPTT’s ability to provide support and a timely resolution to the issue. If you are not able to provide remote access, then we will require that you send debug information from the radioserver and dispatch clients, as well as Wireshark information to support.
4. During troubleshooting, you might be asked for code plugs from the repeaters, system/site controllers, control stations, and field radios. These code plugs must be read directly from the device and not from a previously saved file.
5. For troubleshooting purposes, you may be asked to uninstall anti-virus software from the computers or to bypass the IP network and do a direct connection to the radio system. These are temporary measures to identify if the anti-virus or the network are blocking SmartPTT and/or MOTOTRBO traffic. It may be necessary to have an IT technician from the end customer available to assist SmartPTT’s technical support.
6. Failure to provide the information and access listed above will prevent SmartPTT from being able to assist you. Until such time as the requested access and information can be provided, SmartPTT will put the case as pending.
Elcomplus, Inc. reserves the right, at its discretion, to change the content of the Tech Support Packages and the Terms of Tech Support Service provision. Any changes are notified no later than 90 days before they enter into force.